Wednesday, March 27, 2019

I don’t see a sign

Can you look closely at this picture. Do you see a sign on Dan’s forehead that says “easy mark”?  I don’t see it but obviously the huckster selling water taxi trips to Murano does.  This morning we are off to the glass isle and if time the lace Isle then this great pizza place for lunch.  But on our way to buy tickets or a day pass this guy approaches us saying he can arrange a private taxi ride to the glass isle and it will cost just $5.00 euros more than the one way trip and be faster.

I am saying no and Dan says “sure”    I am sure the sign on his forehead is blinking.  “Sucker” and the huckster can read it. Well we get on the water taxi. When we arrive at Murano we find out the “tour” will begin shortly. Several more boats arrive carrying  several people, we are escorted into the furnace room for a short demonstration the entire time with the same sales person, then into the showrooms with our shadow. No pressure to buy...sure.  It was like a time share presentation.  Yes, I did buy some earrings then were were out of there and on our own.

We were in Murano 2 years ago, simple steps got off the vaporetto turned right and found several shops selling all different things.   So off we head and this is where the fun begins. We did not realize that Murano was like Venice, several isles linked by bridges, so I guess no matter what they say you can get lost on an island.   The weather held today and we are back in time for an early dinner and just before the rain thunder and lightning began. Tomorrow back to St Marks square and then onto the isle of Burano the lace isle we didn’t make today before we board the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Various Photos from Peloponnese

The theater at Epidavros  Beach town at Kardamyli 5 Euro lunch View from the drive View from Fortress Driving...