Saturday, March 23, 2019

Wondering if trip insurance covers?

D-Day (aka departure day) has arrived. The good news is the plane leaves at 4:10. I have all day to finish up everything on my list. Of course packing has not been started.  I am a bit more behind on errands. It really is a good thing I wasn’t working but Thursday my errands took longer than expected. I really think if I had to work I would be ahead of the game.

So here it is 12 noon and the clothes are out but not packed the bed needed to be made once we changed the sheets but in reality how long should it take?  We finally get out of the house at 1:10. I expected to be at the airport by 2:00 only silly me forgot we had to get gas and return the rental car.

It was 2:40 before we got in the line to check our luggage. But things are starting to turn around and when we get to the counter the Lufthansa personnel states don’t worry you have plenty of time!  I guess she didn’t read the web site that states to arrive 3 hours ahead of time.  All through this Dan is remarkably calm.  This from I don’t ever want to miss another plane and so what if we are at the airport 3 hours early.  We will be there.

Turns out it was the one year anniversary of Lufthansa in San Diego and they had cookies for us and a photographer to take pictures.  I guess I am going to get my airport photo afterall.  Through TSA and at the gate by 3:05. A full 30 minutes before boarding. But only in the German tradition, the plan was loaded and pushed back from the gate at 4:02. 8 minutes early!!   Well even this was a little too unnerving for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Various Photos from Peloponnese

The theater at Epidavros  Beach town at Kardamyli 5 Euro lunch View from the drive View from Fortress Driving...