One of the hazards of shipboard life is doing laundry. On the ocean cruise the laundry is free you just need to throw your clothes in the washer and press the start button. Since this is a Viking cruise everything is in English. Simple enough but the washer dryer had no warning that 6 days on the ship and using them will cause shrinkage. Surely this is why my jeans are tight. I am not sure if I want to take a chance and wash again before we leave the ship. Who knows what will shrink.
As you can see all of our days have been busy. I actually would love a sea day to sleep in past 5:30 am. We have done well and stayed out of the gift shop and the jewelry shop on board. If we stayed out of the dining room and away from the wine our weight when returning home will be better. Good thing the airlines haven’t started weighing passengers.
Okay some of the things we have learned on this trip. Dan learned room service and before dinner appetizers can be a great edition to the in room wine in the mini bar. We haven’t even had to open the bottle we bought in Venice. Ellen has now mastered opening a wine bottle using one of the folding corkscrews. More learned facts including all of the Adriatic coastal cities were built on slopes and there are constantly lots and lots of steps. Santorini is probably the most beautiful and photographed area especially in Oia. I have amazing respect for bus drivers in several of the port towns.
We will be heading to Delphi today and along the way looking at signage I am starting to worry since it is truly all Greek to me. It should make for interesting reading over the next several days as we are on our own
No comments:
Post a Comment