Monday, March 25, 2019

Day 2 Venice

So good news sometime during the night the travel faries left Dan’s cpap missing items in his suitcase.  Who knew jet lag could cause blindness that you can’t see what is in your suitcase.   To bad they didn’t leave his suit coat that was hanging in the closet.  

So after a late breakfast we head out for the day.  We have a 2pm tour of St Marks cathedral and the Ducal palace. So off we go with Google directing. Only 1 wrong turn that we had to double back on and we also found the companion restaurant to one we ate in 2 years ago and planned to revisit so a mark on the map and we will stop on the way back later tonight. The good news is they are open early.

Of course the walk took way longer than it should have but the weather is perfect and after window shopping we have time for a glass of wine and are able to listen to a small group of musicians. This is truly an enjoyable afternoon and a chance to just enjoy our surroundings

Our tour of the cathedral is 3hours. A lot longer than I thought it would be but it is a better option and makes stopping for dinner perfect.  It was a chance to see the bridge of sighs from a different angle and see the living quarters of the Doge as well as art work in the palace.

So after a long afternoon I set up google maps to get us back but I am at 16% with no back up battery.     So the entire way back we are constantly saying I remember that or that mostly because every alley way and bridge looks the same.

After about 20 minutes we reach the desired restaurant and surprise of surprises we did not get lost and I am down to 5% battery life. We may be lost yet.  When we arrive the waiter we spoke to early in the day welcomed us was glad we were back. I mentioned didn’t know if we would find the hotel since my phone was so low. Was it karma that he placed our table adjacent to a telephone jack?  Dan began the search in his back pack and finally unearthed the apple plug that can be used in Europe.

Well we spent the proverbial 2 hours over dinner. We were given a glass of Prosecco as a welcome drink. The waiter was sharing pictures of his kids. States he spent more than a year in Miami. Clearly where he perfected his English.  Recommended a wine to have with dinner and provided Limoncello afterwards. Before we left the restaurant Dan  had his email address and was trimming some of the dead leaves off one of the plants in the restaurant!!

A stop at the gelato shop on the way back to the hotel with 50% battery life we were set.  Well so why didn’t I blog last night?   I bottle of wine glass of Prosecco and 2 limoncellos.  I was asleep at 8:30 and up most of the night.  Good thing Dan slept and is now back on Venice time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Various Photos from Peloponnese

The theater at Epidavros  Beach town at Kardamyli 5 Euro lunch View from the drive View from Fortress Driving...