Saturday, March 23, 2019

where is the hotel?


Okay,  I really can say I am almost a world traveler and I can assure you I learn from mistakes. As we head off to Venice I am going to be prepared!!   If anyone recalls our last trip to Venice with good friends the Holmes brought lots of excitement much of what I planned to avoid on this trip!!  Planning is everything as I am sure My daughter-in-law Gina will attest to!

To capsulize our plan. Arrive in Venice, visit to the glass isle, Murano.  We wanted to see the artisan factory (missed the last time as shopping took longer than planned, not unexpected), then maybe a couple of other isles a visit to the cathedral and Doges palace then onto the cruise ship.  This way we suffer jet lag before boarding. The experienced (lazy) traveler I am I have located a great hotel that is near the train station, vapored to stop and just the people mover away from the cruise terminal.  So prepared I looked up google maps street view and determined the hotel was just across the parking lot on at the bus terminal.  We are not going to have a problem this trip.  How wrong I was....  how to 2 college educated people get off the busy that was a 20 minute ride from the airport and faster than the 60  minute ride the last time we were here and not be able to find the hotel.   Afterall it is a hotel and a major chain at that. Well we walked in the wrong direction twice. Tried to use google maps but it hadn’t figured out where I was. Decided maybe the information kiosk that was “across the parking lot” would be able to help.  Low and behold it wasn’t needed since the hotel sat directly behind the kiosk and we just couldn’t see the name.  Good thing we are experienced travelers. 

Check in and Dan of course forgot some major attachment for his Cpap. Good thing I don’t pack for him. We are off for an early supper at least a glass of wine and some pizza.  Stop at the desk to ask about the room thermostat. Of course the room is too warm for Dan. And of course there is no way to cool it down since it is still winter in Europe and air conditioning can’t be used for the next several weeks since they are on winter climate controls. 

Found some gelato on the way back to the hotel and tried to blog but fell asleep. That will prove to be a problem since we are both up at 2:30am.   Hard to sleep in a warm room, but a great chance to catch up the blog as a longggg day 1 is over
 Sidewalk cafe and dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Various Photos from Peloponnese

The theater at Epidavros  Beach town at Kardamyli 5 Euro lunch View from the drive View from Fortress Driving...